- Fortis Qualitas is a quality assurance program that puts measurable quality first.
- Fortis Qualitas is an industry-leading quality assurance program that is designed with patient care as its focus.
- Fortis Qualitas uses a proprietary, leading edge process that reviews radiology interpretations for five different levels of accuracy and quality. This ensures complete and effective communication is maintained between the radiologist and the clinician.
Measures five separate Points of accuracy and quality
Each report is evaluated and scored based on five separate accuracy and quality measurements including:
- Accuracy focused on patient outcomes
- Reports that provide a conclusion or radiologist’s impression
- Interpretations that address the history, symptoms and other clinically relevant findings
- Organization and use of structured formats, macros and templates
- Textual errors that can affect patient outcomes
Fortis Qualitas is patient outcomes-based
Our system is not a subjective review of interpretive errors. The Fortis Qualitas method does not rely on peer review. Interpretations and interventional procedures are objectively reviewed by a team of experts. Reviews are based on specific criteria of quality and accuracy and there is instant access to performance reports by individual, institution and group, with relevant benchmarks to judge against.
Quality Improvement and Utilization Reviews
An evaluation of patient outcomes is required for utilization review and direction of clinical decision support systems. Fortis Qualitas does this with information via HL-7 from the hospital’s EMR and radiology department RIS, and can derive information based on outcomes for individual ordering physicians or healthcare practitioners. That information is then compared to appropriateness criteria for requesting diagnostic and interventional examinations. The resulting information can be used to correct individual practitioners or groups and drive appropriate utilization initiatives.